We’re really proud of our range of hampers and we think they’re appropriate for almost any occasion. But if you can’t find a hamper on our website to suit your needs, maybe you need one of these unusual hampers instead!
[And if you have an amusing hamper idea yourself - enter the competition under this post!]
- The £25,000 Christmas hamper. Our most expensive luxury hampers come in at well under £300 (and they’re worth every penny), but that’s small change compared to Fortnum & Mason’s Snow Queen Hamper. Available in 2008, it included a magnum of champagne and four pounds of caviar. Unsurprisingly, it fell victim to the credit crunch and didn’t reappear in 2009.
- The washing up liquid hamper. Apparently, gift hampers are popular in Thailand. But as well as the usual baskets filled with tasty treats, you can get more unorthodox hampers – including ones that contain cleaning products and washing up liquid, or toothpaste and mouthwash. Would you appreciate being given some toilet roll in a basket for Christmas?
- The Chinese New Year hamper. Chinese superstore Wing Yip offers this excellent Chinese New Year hamper, containing sauces, chopsticks and even a wok. Ideal, perhaps, if you’re aiming to explore some new types of cooking. Alternatively, apparently it’s easy and fun to build your own Chinese hamper for Christmas.
- An ‘adults only’ hamper. To be honest, we’re not sure where to start with these ones (the link is definitely not safe for kids, or for work either!). A selection of adult hampers suitable both for ‘beginners’ and for ‘advanced users’, it’s easy to see these as just a bit of fun. Until you see the price tag, that is – at up to £2,000, some of these hampers are quite an investment.
- The crazy-amount-of-food-in-a-single-hamper hamper. This Australian firm’s Christmas hampers left us feeling rather confused. Options appear to include lots of crisps or an enormous selection of frozen vegetables . Our favourite, however, is the Mega Holiday hamper which includes such delights as baked beans, paper towels and quite a lot of meat. At around £700, we’re sure you’ll agree it’s a bargain.
Competition: Can you think of an amusing hamper idea?
Leave us your suggestions below and the funniest / most original idea will win our bestselling Ruby Hamper delivered anywhere in the UK!
The competition will run until the end of October and we’ll announce the winner here & on our website at the beginning of November. So time to get your creative hats on!
Congratulations to: * Jane Sparrow *
Thank you very much for your entry Jane – a QUANTITATIVE EASING HAMPER! – and we will be in touch shortly to get your delivery address.